École Élémentaire / Elementary School
FROM 6 TO 10 YEARS
LThe LFV Elementary School welcomes from 08:00 to 16:00 (except one day a week, see timetable) approximately 670 pupils, aged 6 to 10 years, in 29 classes at the Liechtenstein site.
Each class has an average of 22 to 23 pupils, which provides excellent teaching conditions.
The LFV Elementary School implements the curricula of the French Ministry of Education for French language instruction and the curricula of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research for German language instruction.
ORGANISATION AND EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
After the École Maternelle (Cycle 1), the French Elementary School is structured in cycles:
Cycle 2 or Fundamental Learning Cycle:
- CP — Cours Préparatoire, 1st year (6 classes)
- CE1 — Cours Élémentaire 1, 2nd year (5 classes)
- CE2 — Cours Élémentaire 2, 3rd year (6 classes)
Cycle 3 or Consolidation Cycle:
- CM1 — Cours Moyen 1, 4th year (6 classes)
- CM2 — Cours Moyen 2, 5th year (6 classes)
(+ the 6ème in the Middleschool / Collège)
Regular consultations enable teachers to ensure educational consistency and to closely support the pupils’ learning process.
- Fluency in French and acquisition of the German and English languages.
- Taking into account the diversity of pupils, based on positive assessment and ensuring educational consistency between the primary (Maternelle and Élémentaire) and secondary (Collège and Lycée) cycles.
- Development of intercultural exchanges (visits, exhibitions, shows, discovery of local cultural heritage, etc.)
At the end of CM2, all pupils have the opportunity to continue their education in the secondary cycle (collège and lycée) at the lycée site.